Where are we going?!
We’re going on a pálinka trip to Hungary! Anyone thinking this country is only about puszta, goulash and an impossible to pronounce language better think again. Well, the part about the language is correct. Fortunately, Hungarians have invented pálinka to loosen your tongue. Egészségére!
Why would I want to go there?
Pálinka, pálinka, pálinka! This is Hungarian Firewater 101. Discover where grapes are harvested on a vineyard in the Pilis hills, visit a pálinka library to study hard and learn from a real pálinka master. Of course we might sample a bit occasionally.
But we’ll not only submerge ourselves in alcohol. There will be plenty of Hungarian culture in monumental Esztergom (Hungary’s Rome) and nature in the lush hills surrounding the Prédikálószék rock formations. And as some fresh air will do us good after a pálinka tasting or two, let’s sail back to Budapest on the Danube!
|upon request||upon request||7 days||4-7||yes|
- Netherlands – Budapest by train, partly by Nightjet sleeper train München – Budapest
- four nights in double of twin room, breakfast included
- transport in Hungary
- pálinkatasting Budapest
- vineyard visit and pálinkatasting near Esztergom
- Esztergom Basilica and Visegrád Castle entry fee
- Zugfözde Pálinkamuseum and distillery tour Visegrád
- Danube trip from Visegrád to Budapest, including a visit to Szentendre
- travel insurance
- other entry fees
- pesonal expenses
Take me further!
Curious about this pálinka tour? Complete the contact form below to get more information about Pálinka with Bob (in Dutch). If you’d rather chat in English, give us a call at +31 6 81 83 20 58.